INSTITUTE OF MEDIA STUDIES
The Institute of Media Studies aims to equip its students with core competencies that will ensure industry-ready professionals. Here, stress is on practical knowledge and learning from professionals. The best industry-experienced professionals have been roped in to ensure that stress is on practical. The Institute aims to churn our professionals not just in Print Journalism but also in Broadcast and Electronic Journalism, Corporate Communication, Film & Television (Production & Presentation), Event Management New Media and other allied media fields. The curriculum is dynamic and updated to suit current Media needs. Creative expression is given full vent to ensure talented pass-outs who like to think out-of-the-box and provide exposure to latest industry developments to cut out redundancy and encourage broad vision. We aim to establish synergies with the best Media Schools in the country and provide skill sets for Media Industry—not just journalism but allied courses like Scripting for Film & TV, Copywriting, New Media Solution, Digital and Online professionals etc.
- The department aims to produce industry-ready professionals employable not just in print journalism but also in Broadcast and Electronic Journalism, Media Managers in Corporate Communication sector, Film and Television (production and presentation), New Media and other allied media fields.
A graduate in Media Studies to be globally competitive:
- To provide state-of the art training to media students.
- To ensure exposure to maximum traditional and modern streams in the media with training opportunities in the same.
- To tailor a dynamic curriculum updated to suit current Media needs, weed out redundancy and encourage broad vision.
- To provide full vent to creative expression.
- To provide relevant knowledge and range of media skills required by the industry.
- To develop a centre of Media Studies @ SRMU that is at par with the best in the country, providing young students with comprehensive training in different spheres and creating proactive and responsible media professionals.
- To open facilities for research, projects, documentation and take on industry assignments.