The B.Com. program offers a comprehensive understanding of the workings of business organizations, business transactions, and a broad-based understanding of various specialized tasks such as accounting, finance, marketing, and human resources. University has prepared B.Com new four-year undergraduate course under the new National Education Policy (NEP). B.Com. four-year degree program is divided into eight semesters and is designed according to the Credit Based Options System (CBCS) model syllabus set by UGC. These include basic assignments, discipline-specific electives, general electives, and skill-enhancing courses. The specific selections for discipline offered in the fifth and sixth semesters are in the following streams: Human Resource Management and Marketing, Banking and Insurance, and Accounting and Finance. Students should complete the Research project in the seventh and eighth semester.
Candidate must have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent system from any recognized Central/State Board with Commerce or related subjects/ Maths with minimum aggregate marks of 45% or equivalent grade for GEN/ OBC and 40% marks or equivalent grade for SC/ST Category. Candidate should have secured pass marks in Commerce or related Subjects/ Maths.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR BACHELOR OF COMMERCE:
After successfully completing B. Com. students have following opportunities: Pursue career in Higher Studies like M. Com. or MBA, B. Ed, MSW.. Pursue professional courses as ICAI, ICSI, ICWAI or CFA. Job: PO/ Managers in Banks, Junior Accounting Officer in Companies and Audit firms.
The students who successfully complete ONE year/ 2 Semesters and leave the 3 program, will be awarded Certificate in Commerce
The students who successfully complete TWO years/ 4 Semesters and leave the program, will be awarded Diploma in Commerce.
The students who successfully complete THREE years/ 6 Semesters and leave the program, will be awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce ( B.COM )
An option is given to the students to continue their education to the Fourth year and those who successfully complete FOUR years/ 8 Semesters will be awarded Research Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce.
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 15,000/-||Rs. 15,000/-||Rs. 15,000/-||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Other Fees (Registration, Library etc.)||Rs. 7,000/-||Rs. 7,000/-||Rs. 7,000/-||Rs. 7,000/-|
|Development Fund||Rs. 5,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Caution Money||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Total Fee||Rs. 35,000/-||Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 30,000/-|
|Hostel Fees (Fees + Caution Money) = Rs. 75,000/- + Rs. 5,000 /- = Rs. 80,000/-|
|Transportation Cost = Rs. 30,000/-|
- To remember the conceptual knowledge with an integrated approach to various aspects of Commerce.
- To develop competencies in managerial skills, effective communication and team work.
- To Encourage and develop critical thinking, analysis and initiative ability skills.
- To provide technical knowledge, skills and competency to identify, comprehend and solve the industry problems.
- To apply the various concepts, theories and models in the area of Finance, Banking, Insurance, Accounting, Taxation etc. in business operations.
- To develop moral values and professional code of ethics, to inculcate life skills and become a responsible citizen.
Programme Learning Outcomes :
- PLO1: Commerce knowledge: Acquire adequate knowledge in various disciplines of Commerce, Taxation, Finance, Management and Accounts which can be applied in real life business situations.
- PLO2: Communication: Develops Communication Skills, Interpersonal and Soft Skills, to enable them to interact in a more constructive and productive manner.
- PLO3: Technical Knowledge: Develop IT knowledge for business processes and learn innovative methods of applying IT and e-commerce tools for competitive advantage.
- PLO4: Investigation of Business Problems: : Analyse and comprehend the applicability of commerce and accounting principles in solving complex business problems.
- PLO5: Entrepreneurial Perspective:Equip with entrepreneurial skills, whether to develop own business idea from concept to reality or learn to manage an innovative business in today’s environment.
- PLO6: Environment and Sustainability: Develops an attitude to be a sustainable lifelong learner both personally and professionally to be succeeded in dynamic environment.
- PLO7: Leadership Skills: Apply critical thinking, which improves cognitive skills and logical decision making as business leaders.
- PLO8: Ethics: Develops Ethical, Moral and Human Values and contribute to the well-being of the society.
- PLO9: Global Perspective: Acquire Global competencies through comprehensive Curricular and Co-Curricular path of the programs with practical skills.
- PLO10: Area Specific Expertise:: Apply various Concepts, theories and models in the functional areas in Marketing, Money & Banking and Accounting & Finance.
- PLO11: Cross-Disciplinary Integration and Strategic Perspective: Acquire knowledge of micro-macroeconomics, mathematics, statistics and production and operation management and its integration relevant to business decisions.
- PLO12: Legal Knowledge:Acquire the basic legal knowledge related the various business operations for effective decision-making.
Programme Specific Outcomes :
- Acquire Practical learning through summer internship, industrial visit and research projects.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills through core elective area of specialization in Money and Banking, Accounting and Finance and Marketing to solve the business issues.
- Understand and develop new dimensions of knowledge through open electives to cater the need of the industry.