B.A. (Hons.) Psychology The course in three-year undergraduate B.A. (Hons.) Psychology is directed to the study of cognitive processes and behavioural functions of human beings and how the socio-psychological atmosphere affects it. Unlike other social sciences disciplines, the course in psychology, through systematic psychological concepts and techniques, concentrates on analysis of individual’s behaviour. inclusion of diverse range of modules like, social and clinical /health psychology, cognitive and developmental psychology, individual differences and cross-cultural psychology, and biological and physiological psychology
Candidate must have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent system from any recognized Central/State Board in any stream with minimum aggregate marks of 45% or equivalent grade for Gen/OBC and 40% marks or equivalent grade for SC/ST Category.
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 17,000/-||Rs. 17,000/-||Rs. 17,000/-|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Other Fees (Registration, Library etc.)||Rs. 7,000/-||Rs. 7,000/-||Rs. 7,000/-|
|Development Fund||Rs. 5,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Caution Money||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Total Fee||Rs. 37,000/-||Rs. 32,000/-||Rs. 32,000/-|
|Hostel Fees (Fees + Caution Money) = Rs. 75,000/- + Rs. 5,000 /- = Rs. 80,000/-|
|Transportation Cost = Rs. 30,000/-|
- PLO1. Disciplinary / Professional Knowledge: Define and demonstrate an understanding of fundamental concepts, theories, principles and terminology of concerned discipline (literature, linguistics, sociology, psychology, political science and social work).
- PLO2. Problem analysis and solutions: Analyse problems and issues concerning language, literature, social sciences, human affairs/psyche and socio-psychological or socio-political matters. Apply experience and knowledge of subject to solve existing problems in the field of study.
- PLO3. Modern Methods, Tools and Techniques: Apply and use modern methods, tools and techniques to solve complex problems and issues of the discipline; and create a human friendly environment.
- PLO4. Inter and Trans-disciplinary development:Identify, differentiate and assess how language, literature, history, sociology, psychology, political science, social work, science, technology, etc. are connected to one another and contribute to human society. Demonstrate an understanding of interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary approach of learning.
- PLO5. Ethics and Integrated Value System: Apply professional ethics, responsibilities towards society, culture, race, religion and nation while suggesting new ideas or solutions to existing problems and try to establish integrated value system in society.
- PLO6. Individual and Team Work: Take part in team work comfortably while working with people of different interest, class, community, culture and socio-political background and in the work of individual interest.
- PLO7. Communication and Presentation: Communicate confidently the knowledge acquired from literature, linguistics, sociology, political science, psychology, social work, etc. to the society in both written and oral form. Organize effective presentations on the subjects of their interest.
- PLO8. Vocational and Industry Exposure: Apply professional skills and industry exposure to serve industry and society.
- PLO9. Lifelong Learning: Utilize theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject in day-to-day situations to improve upon lifestyle and social condition either at workplace or at home, throughout life.
- PLO10. Education and Society: Discuss and Estimate the impact of theories and concepts in an individual’s holistic education and integral development of society.
- PLO11. Environment Sustainability, Social Sensitivity and Rural Development: Propose innovative ideas and modify outdated techniques and methods for sustainable development. Motivate general public for the protection/conservation of natural resources. Demonstrate sensitivity towards rural and backward society and design policies/projects for their integral development.
- PLO12. National Integration, Constitution, Culture and Heritage: Value and take part in activities concerning national integration, constitution, culture and heritage.
- Students will be able to analyze the causes behind the major psychological problems seen with people in the society today.
- Students will be able to develop adequate skills needed to solve the problems faced by human beings throughout the course of life.
- Students will be able to apply the skills gained during the course of study at clinical/industrial areas.
- Students will be able to apply prepare for a wide range of related careers in clinical and organizational settings.
- Students will be able to use the appropriate assessments to find out the maladjustments in human behaviour.
- Students will be able to create awareness about the myths and stigma surrounding people with psychological problems in the society.
Education Career :
- M.Phil/Ph.D. Diploma and Certificate Course
Job Career :
- Clinical Psychologist