About Grievance Redressal System
The Online Grievance Redressal Mechanism for the students of the University has been started to resolve the complaints/ issues faced by the students in a more transparent manner. This system is drawn in the light of guidelines set under The Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University Uttar Pradesh Act, 2011 and UGC (Grievance Redressal) Regulations 2012. This system aims at identifying before management the problems areas for students and resolving them quickly.
The Online Grievance Redressal Mechanism for the students of the University has been started with following end objectives-
- To develop an organizational framework to resolve grievances of the students
- To provide a transparent system of handling the student grievances
- To ensure effective solution to the student’s grievances
- To investigate the reason of dissatisfaction
- To obtain where possible a speedy resolution to the problem
- To ensure that all student related issues/ problems are visible to management
Types of Grievances
As per UGC Regulations 2012, the following complaints of the students will be considered as grievance-
- Admission commitment related issues. This covers up student complaints pertaining to admissions made without checking out the laid down eligibility. It further covers issues arising out of false promises made or wrong information presented at time of admission
- Fees related issues which covers up problems related to fees charged under certain heads not specified in the fee schedule of the course in which he/ she is enrolled in
- Placement related issues
- Medical related issues
- Concession related issues which addresses student problems related to no/ less concession provided as compared to that told at time of admission
- Facilities related issues covering up student complaints regarding drinking water facility, classroom conditions, washrooms cleanliness etc.
- Hostel infrastructure issues
- Hostel fooding related issues
- Sexual harassment related issues
- Caste/ gender based discrimination related issues which covers up complaints of alleged discrimination of students on basis of SC, ST, OBC, Minority, Women or disabled categories
- Performance Evaluation related issues which addresses student grievances regarding assessment in a particular subject/ subjects taking place against the set performance criterions, marks allotment related problems and complaints about checking pattern etc.
- Scholarships related issues
- Faculty behavior issues
- Teaching related issues which covers teaching pedagogy, medium of instructions related problems faced by students
- Discipline relates issues
- Lab related issues in which grievance of student pertaining labs not functional/ not taking place, lab equipment not available etc. will be handled
- Library related issues
- Buses related issues
The standard process to be followed under this redressal mechanism is as follows grievance-
- Student registers his grievance from his own log in or by calling up the toll-free of grievance cell. In case, student calls up, his/ her grievance will be registered by call center executive from their id.
- Once a grievance is registered, a mail notification is sent to Admin. He then further on basis of type and description of grievance, assigns the same to a particular official
- The concerned official receives a mail notification requesting to take necessary steps to resolve the grievance assigned.
- The official can assign IN PROCESS status to grievance if he requires some time for working on the issue
- The official can assign the grievance to some other official whom he thinks can resolve the issue by assigning FORWARDED status to the grievance. The new person will receive the mail notification and will follow the same process.
- The official can take necessary steps to resolve the grievance and assign SETTLED status to the allotted grievance
- Once a SETTLED status is assigned, the student or call center executive is informed via mail notification. The student can provide SATISFIED/ NOT SATISFIED status to the SETTLED grievance. In case the grievance was registered by call center executive, he calls up the concerned student to take feedback and allot the status.
- In case SATISFIED status assigned, Admin simply puts up a CLOSED status to the grievance. In case of NOT SATISFIED status, Admin allots the grievance to concerned official by putting up a RE-OPEN status.
Do’s and Don’ts
This grievance redressal system is implemented in order to reduce paper work and wait time for complaint resolving and at the same time bring transparency in the entire system of grievance handling. To maintain the end objectives and decorum, certain do’s and don’ts need to be taken care off by all the related stakeholders while registering, assigning and resolving grievances-
- Student should register a grievance only when he/ she is not getting a response from the concerned authorities/ persons at department/ administration level
- Personal issues between student-student should be avoided unless they turn in to instances of harassment or other such disciplinary cases
- All day to day working related matters should be resolved preferably through personal interactions with concerned faculty/ staff/ officials
- Students should properly describe the problem/ issue faced by him while registering the grievance
- Students should never use obscene language or comments while registering grievance or providing feedback. Strict action will be taken in case any student is found involved in any such practice
- Student should ensure timely feedback so that proper closure or remedial action can be taken
- On registering the grievance via call center, provide all the information required by the executive as all details are kept confidential
- Arguments/ comments/ use of derogatory language with executive should be avoided as this can lead to serious disciplinary actions
- The system should not be used to get information or inquiry purpose
- The system is meant to handle individual grievances only
- The system is not intended to resolve personal/ family related issues
Process Flow : call center executives
FOR REGISTERING GRIEVANCE
Under the grievance redressal system, the student is provided a mechanism to get his problems/ issues/ complaints resolved in an effective and speedy way. He has an option of calling up the toll-free number of grievance cell and get his complaint registered. The process is very simple and the call center executive needs to just capture basic details of student and register his grievance by selecting the type and putting in a description of the issue faced by the student.
Once the grievance is raised by call center executive, admin allots it to the concerned official. Once the grievance is resolved, call center executive gets a mail notification and is required to take feedback from the student, depending upon which the grievance is either closed or re-opened. The call center executive has to follow below steps to register the grievance:
Process Flow:call center executives
FOR TAKING FEEDBACK
The call center executive has to call up student and take follow following steps to take feedback once he receives mail notification stating that a particular grievance raised by him has been settled
FOR REGISTERING GRIEVANCE
Under the grievance redressal system, the student is provided a mechanism to get his problems/ issues/ complaints resolved in an effective and speedy way. He has an option of directly registering the grievance form his own log in. The process is very simple and the student is just required to select the grievance type and put in a description while registering his grievance.
Once the grievance is raised by student, admin allots it to the concerned official. Once the grievance is resolved, student gets a mail notification and is required to give feedback depending upon which the grievance is either closed or re-opened. The student has to follow below steps to register the grievance:
FOR PROVIDING FEEDBACK
The student has to follow following steps to give feedback once he receives mail notification stating that the grievance raised by him has been settled: