Master of Technology is a 02 years full time or 03 years part time post graduate degree course with a specialization in the domain of environmental engineering in the field of Civil Engineering. After M. Tech the students are capable to work for Govt./ Public/MNCs or pursue further studies like PhD in the said subjects.
Candidate must have passed B. Tech from any recognised University or AICTE recognised Institute/College with minimum aggregate marks of 50% or 5.5 CGPA for GEN/OBC and 45% marks or 5.0 CGPA for SC/ST Category. Candidate will be offered admission in M. Tech. only in that stream of Engineering in which he has obtained B. Tech.
For M. Tech (Environmental Engg), candidates must have passed B. Tech (any stream) from any recognised University or AICTE recognised Institute/College with minimum aggregate marks of 50% or 5.5 CGPA for GEN/OBC and 45% marks or 5.0 CGPA for SC/ST Category or M.Sc. (any stream) with 45% marks or 5.0 CGPA for GEN/OBC and 40% marks or 4.5 CGPA for SC/ST Category.
In addition to the above mentioned basic M. Tech (Regular) eligibility, candidates must have at least 2 years Teaching/Industrial/Research/Professional Work Experience for 3 years M. Tech (Part Time) in CE, ME, CS, EC & EE.
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 80,000/-||Rs. 80,000/-|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 9,000/-||Rs. 9,000/-|
|Other Fees (Registration, Library etc.)||Rs. 9,000/-||Rs. 9,000/-|
|Development Fund||Rs. 9,000/-||Rs. 9,000/-|
|Caution Money||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Total Fee||Rs. 112,000/-||Rs. 107,000/-|
|Hostel Fees (Fees + Caution Money) = Rs. 75,000/- + Rs. 5,000 /- = Rs. 80,000/-|
|Transportation Cost = Rs. 30,000/-|
- Students will learn fundamental science and engineering principles needed for environmental engineering, including concepts of biosphere, ecosystem, environmental resources and biodiversity.
- Enabling the students to understand the various aspects of environmental chemistry, and to lay a foundation for understanding in specialized areas of environmental management and practices.
- Emphasizing on relationship between our biosphere and environment, impacts of various anthropogenic activates on our environment.
- Students should learn the principles and techniques of assessing areas of natural environment and applying environmental assessments to evaluate the inherent suitability of these areas for sustainable urban and resource-based uses.
- Students should develop an understanding of the theory of air pollution, its effects, mechanism/ behavior in the atmosphere, monitoring and control of air & noise pollution.
- Learning the design of various units of water and wastewater treatment plants and comprehending with the mechanism taking place in various units.
- Understanding behavior of groundwater flow and pollution through mathematical/ software modeling techniques.
- Learning the concepts and techniques for handling hazardous and industrial wastes, dealing with public health engineering and acquiring the knowledge of various aspects of health and the issues related with sanitation.
- Learning the basic idea of principle of photogrammetry, remote sensing and GIS including their application in assessing various environmental threats. Enabling the students to monitor and survey natural resources and impact on its environment due to developmental activities and natural hazards
Programme Learning Outcomes :
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Objectives :
- Students shall demonstrate sound knowledge in Environmental Engineering problem identification, formulation, analysis, design, laboratory investigations and engineering aspects of Environment, utilizing advanced/ appropriate technology.
- Inculcating in students technical competencies to deal with practical aspects of environment related issues within stipulated/specified time and funds using modern techniques and equipment.
- Postgraduates shall develop a broad understanding of environmental issues that affect societal, health and safety factors and demonstrate the ability to interact and work seamlessly in multidisciplinary teams with competence in modern technique usage.
Opportunities For M. Tech (Environmental Engineering) :Environmental engineering has immense scope in India for professionals who are qualified in chemical, biological, thermal, radioactive or even mechanical engineering as environmental engineering is a diverse field and requires people from diverse background. Moreover, professionals from process engineering, environmental chemistry, water and sewage treatment, waste reduction management, pollution prevention, etc. are required in large numbers.
Job prospects for professionals with qualification in environmental engineering are bright in research centres, NGOs and various governmental departments working towards green development. Candidates with M.Tech in environmental engineering have opportunities to work for government built assessment committees which study and analyse the environmental risks involved in certain projects. The report of such a committee is then submitted to the concerned authority for further observation.