UX is the design of digital products which combine arts, science, psychology and technology. Applicable to students from any field, UX Design is the understanding of human behavior and applying the design process to create the experience for digital products such as websites, mobile apps and other digital interfaces. Companies such as Google, Microsoft, Infosys, Cognizant and many more today have large UX teams and departments. This is a four-year full-time degree program concentrating on application-based training. Students will be taught the UX design tools and techniques as exercised in the industry to make them industry-ready and employable in the highly competitive UX job space. This is a comprehensive education program focused on overall student development with a mix of classroom assignments, practical fieldwork, live industry projects, internships and shadow learning. This holistic education program is focused not only on classroom training and assignments but also field work, industry interaction and internship for overall student's development.
Scope of B.DES in USER EXPERIENCE
UX Design is a sunrise industry which is growing at very fast pace owing to the growth in the digital economy.
- UX designers lead digital innovation in the industry.
- 6.9 lakhs per Annum is the average starting salary of UX designer.
- Digital Payments and Insurance.
- Huge demand for UX designers in the industry with immense growth opportunities.
- 10 lakhs + UX jobs available in the market.
Minimum requirement 50% marks in 10+2 (Any Stream) from a recognized Board.
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 103,500/-||Rs. 103,500/-||Rs. 103,500/-||Rs. 103,500/-|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 13,750/-||Rs. 13,750/-||Rs. 13,750/-||Rs. 13,750/-|
|Other Fees (Registration, Library etc.)||Rs. 9,000/-||Rs. 9,000/-||Rs. 9,000/-||Rs. 9,000/-|
|Development Fund||Rs. 13,750/-||Rs. 13,750/-||Rs. 13,750/-||Rs. 13,750/-|
|Caution Money||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Total Fee||Rs. 145,000/-||Rs. 140,000/-||Rs. 140,000/-||Rs. 140,000/-|
|Hostel Fees (Fees + Caution Money) = Rs. 75,000/- + Rs. 5,000 /- = Rs. 80,000/-|
|Transportation Cost = Rs. 30,000/-|
- PO1:To build new age professionals who can design for the future users and have the acumen of designing, digital processes for future businesses.
- PO2:To create people with expertise who will eventually emerge as leaders to influence the future of UX design.
- PO3:To produce professionals with good analytical, thinking, and innovative abilities, skilled with specific techniques, creative in their solutions, and knowledgeable about the latest development in the field of user experience.
- PO4:The student undergoing this course will be able to do user research, persona mapping, customer journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping, user interface designing, empathy map, user research methodologies, questionnaire building, task flow, as-is and to be task flow, card sorting, building information architecture, visual design for different form factors, usability testing techniques. Students will be able to implement Digital Design Process and can become part of the Digital Transformation Space in the Industries of tomorrow.
- PO5:The student will learn the design process, way of thinking, strategic thinking in the design field, and design thinking.
- PO6:Acquire practical expertise in the field of problem-solving leading to innovation.
- PO7:Become proficient in empathizing with users and analyzing their needs.
- PO8:To enable students to go for higher studies in the field of digital design / Interaction design specialization.
Programme Learning Outcomes :
- Fundamentals of UX Design: Learn design guidelines for different platforms and operating systems. Understanding the principles and fundamentals of Design.
- Principles of UX Design: Learn fundamental principles of screen design based on design guidelines and cross platform screen design. Master yourself with the practical training in design for digital screens.
- Visual Communication: Introduction to basic elements of visual design - detailed study of color, color wheel, visual hierarchy, legibility and readability, grid, layout etc. Training in visual design tools including lab session on elements of visual design and tools.
- Empathy & User Study: Tools of empathy like Persona, Empathy Map and User Journey Map, Documenting Qualitative Research, & Documenting Quantitative Research. Use of empathy mapping and customer journey mapping to understand user needs.
- Ethnography & People Design: To understand the user's interaction with the environment, people and culture.
- Service Design: Understanding tasks, processes and systems. Be able to find and execute user touch points, ecosystem diagram, value proposition map.
- Design Thinking: Get to know what design thinking and wicked problem is. To comprehend and effectively use the tools and techniques to solve complicated problems.
- Information & Data Study: To understand the need of information and data study. Discern the facts after fully analyzing the information received from the user.
- UI Design: Learning UI design guidelines for different platforms and operating systems Understanding the principles and fundamentals of UI Design.
- Interaction: Learning the Importance and scope of Interaction design, User centered design, Design of interactive products. Learn the methods of interaction design.
- Design for Rural India: Understanding the need of innovation in rural areas. To be able to under-stand the users and suggest ideas.
- Design for Futuristic Technologies:To be able to have an understanding on futuristic technologies. To be able to practice and implement technologies while learning to implement new ideas.
- ImaginXPs 6D UX process: Learning to design with 6D process. Implementation of different tools and techniques at correct form and place.
After completing the B.Des-UX program you will have the opportunity to work with some of the largest product and IT companies, banks, manufacturing companies, telecom companies, FMCG companies and more. UX design graduates can make a career as any of the following :
- User Experience Researcher.
- UX Architect / Information Architect.
- UX Copywriter.
- UX Analyst.
- Product designer.
- User Experience Strategist. & More